PDMA Carolinas is proud to host its 5th annual Innovate Carolina conference. This year’s theme is Building Your Career Toolkit: Innovative Paths for Innovative Product Development.
We’ve learned a lot through the years, improving each event to address the learning and networking needs of our attendees. We’ve also hosted the conference in different venues throughout the region to expose our guests to unique experiences and speakers.
Here’s a quick recap of the content from past Innovate Carolina conferences.
2010: Our inaugural year!
- Host location: University of North Carolina, Kenan Flagler Business School, Chapel Hill, NC
- Keynote speaker: Marshal Brain, founder of “How Stuff Works”
- Other speakers from RJR Reynolds, Britax, Michelin, Primo Water, Center for Creative Leadership
- Practitioner panels on Customer Insight, Intellectual Property, Innovation strategy
2011 Theme – Open Innovation
- Host location: Belk College of Business UNC Charlotte, NC
- Keynote speakers: Gene Slowinski of Alliance Management Group and Louis Foreman of Enventys
- Other speakers from Ingersoll Rand, Electrolux, Best Buy, Sealed Air, and GlaxoSmithKline
- Announced the winner of our first Student Innovation Competition for the Carolinas Chapter (Ty Hagler)
2012 Theme – Innovating in Tough times: Practical Ways for Innovating when Budgets are Tight and Resources are Limited
- Host location: The Long View Center in Raleigh, NC
- Keynote speaker: Iain Grey of Red Hat (video highlight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaxqjTLt7dk)
- Other speakers from Novant, Burt’s Bees, Milliken, NC Department of Commerce, and Britax
2013 Theme – Bridging the gap between ideas and execution